Pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

Hiking

Hiking

What takes four hours and makes you climb up and down the Hunua Ranges? Our hike.


At camp this year we went hiking through the Hunua Ranges and went up to the Cossey dam. Before we went I looked at the huge mountain and I thought that it looked like Mt Everest’s twin. I felt terrible and asked myself why start off with doing the hike. 


I was walking until Suliasi and I saw the stairs going up and up, we were exhausted half way up the stairs and I had finished my bottle of water. I felt dehydrated with out any water but I soldiered on with Suli and took photos with Mrs Anderson. 


While walking In the Hunua Ranges I smelt something odd, it was the smell of the disinfectant spray we sprayed on our shoes to keep the trees safe from the kauri dieback. People were getting tired and they wanted to turn around, give up and go shower but they didn’t have that choice, neither did Suli or I so we keep going on until we heard something strange. Mr Johnston said it might be the sound of the waterfall nearby.


If I had to do this again I would be prepared for all the dirt and rain. Also I would definitely have a bigger bottle of water.




No comments:

Post a Comment